top of page

Out with an Attestation (Covid-19 Confinement - Day 3)

Updated: Apr 23, 2022

Hey, you!

I was able to get out of the house today! 😊 I couldn't help but toss and turn in my bed last night thinking of what I was going to buy at the grocery store today. Oh yeah, this is what happiness looks like these days. Actually, happiness is knowing that my family is all fine and that the Husband will be with us for the next 2 days! This Coronavirus does make me think about what is truly essential in life.

Anyways, I woke up naturally at around 6:30am, which is pretty much the time I usually get up at on a "normal" day. My body has kept the same rhythm, but it's such a pleasure to be able to wake up naturally and not with an alarm ringing in my ear!

My day begins with a Hot Lemon Shot. Depending on my mood, I will add ginger or honey. I immediately feel heat go through my body.

Here's a link to site which enumerates the benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning:

As I mentioned earlier, today I was going out. Grocery shopping with the Husband because I needed his muscles to carry things. 😘 After a quick breakfast and wash, we were off to the nearest supermarket.

Careful: don't forget to print out and fill in properly the Authorization Letter or Attestation de Deplacement Derogatoire. If you don't, it'll cost you a 135€ fine! Some might be shocked or dismayed, but I have to agree with the government on this one. It's our civic responsibility. Some might want to dismiss it or find a way around this law, but damn it people!

The Husband and I got to the first supermarket at around 8am, but there was note posted saying that they were opening at 10am. Obviously the staff was refilling the shelves. I didn't know what to do at first. Wait for 2 hours with the certainty that shelves were full, so try somewhere else?? We decided to go somewhere else!

Armed with a thick scarf (we didn't stock up on masks) and gloves, we bought groceries for at least 1 week's worth. I was surprised that the cashiers had limited protection (just gloves!). I've seen that in certain supermarkets, the management set up plexiglass protection. Kudos to them! 👏

When we got home, the Husband made sure to disinfect every bought item while I put everything in the right place. The Husband called his father who is living in the Philippines. All seems well for him, although they are on lockdown as well.

Of course, I've been working, mostly from my computer although I have to admit I'm taking things lightly. Baby Girl still didn't have access to her online lessons until late this afternoon. I was going back and forth with her school. They thought it was a problem with the password, when all along it was with the email address!

For our afternoon snack, Baby Girl and I made Chocolate Muffins using the Thermomix TM5. We had 1 each, the others I will freeze. I imagine that if I take it out of the freezer, put it in a moist towel, and microwave it - it will come out as fresh as when it came out of the oven! We'll see tomorrow. 😊

For dinner, I decided to make Hainanese Chicken. Although I was missing some of the ingredients, it still came out good. What I love about this dish is that there is meat, rice, and vegetables and a broth too! The Husband loved loved loved the dipping sauce. I made it super spicy, because chili peppers are quite good for the digestive system.

At 8PM, well 7:50PM, we made our way to our balcony. The Husband teased me because I had set an alarm for 7:50PM and said "you know it doesn't take us 10 minutes to go from the living room to the bedroom's balcony". Yeah, yeah 😂😂 I like to be on time, okay!!

We were the only ones from our street clapping for the healthcare professionals taking care of all these patients. We did hear people from another street. I'm hoping this time tomorrow, we will be more. It always starts with 1.

Stay safe and take care,

Elodie xoxo

12 views0 comments

Related Posts

See All


bottom of page